Monday 21 September 2009

10 years ago....


Ten years ago today I was lost.... I had just come to a new town hundreds of miles away from home with very little notice, leaving all my friends and support behind, leaving my Dad behind and feeling shit for it. I still hated the world for taking my Mum away from me 3 years before and felt lonely, incredibly lonely.

Then tomorrow came, the 22nd September 1999, and I met my husband to be.

In ten years he has made me what I am today - a much stronger woman than the girl he met. He helped me achieve my goals and ambitions, he helped me fight the world, he helped me become a doctor.

Thank you Phil - thank you for putting up with me and my annoying habits, the endless tears and all my pessimism. Thank you for the hugs, for believing in me and for making me smile. I don't know what I would have done without you. I wouldn't be who I am now.

I love you.

(And yes, technically we met on the 18th but we got together on the 22nd)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment