Sunday 20 June 2010

Favourite Glastonbury moments so far....

It will be my 4th Glastonbury this year, and as always, I'm very excited!!  I thought I'd share some of my favourite performances from my previous festivals.

Firstly, 2002
Difficult to find many videos. Highlights were definitely No Doubt, Nelly Furtado, Isaac Hayes, Groove Armada (At the River was stunning!) and sat outside our tent by a campfire listening to Rod Stewart on the Pyramid Stage on Sunday night.
Here's some Rod for you


2007
Amy Winehouse - Jazz World Stage.
We were right at the front, it was a great show (before everything went a bit downhill!)


Arctic Monkeys
Just brilliant - quite near the back but great atmosphere!


Seasick Steve
The first time we saw him, even though we only caught the very end of this set. He always plays multiple times at Glastonbury. Think we've seen him too many times now though, but he still rocks!


Paolo Nutini
I love him, thats all. And this cover is genius.


2008
Jay-Z
I don't need to explain! They don't show the video that he played first, but that & the first performance sent shivers down my spine! The bit where it changes from Wonderwall to 99 problems! Got to be one of the best performances ever!


Mr Doherty
A special little song close to my heart.


Candi Staton
This video does no justice to the experience of being there singing with everyone!


I'm sure there will be some to add to that list from this year. Looking forward to Jack Johnson, Ray Davies (ie The Kinks lead singer), Gorillaz once again, Florence and the one and only Stevie Wonder.

Only 3 sleeps left!!

No comments:

Post a Comment